Thursday, July 2, 2009

HOW TO HANDLE PROBLEMS part 1

I've told you this so that my peace will be with you. In the world you'll have trouble. But cheer up! I have overcome the world." John 16: 33 God’s Word Translation


One of the most beneficial books I have ever read is Dr. Robert Schuller’s Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do! I am presently re-reading it and thought I would share with you some of the key concepts in a series on How to handle Problems. I believe that Bob Schuller has the gift of giving people hope. If you are facing any trouble I encourage you to read every article.

The Perspective of Problems
It is important to anyone who wants to accomplish anything in life that they develop the proper perspective on problems. If you have a dream, you have everything – including a lot of problems. Every human being has problems. So because many people think that when they have problems they are not blessed. There is nothing further from the truth. The Bible says many are the afflictions (problems) of the righteous. Good people have problems. One thing you must do is to quit condemning yourself because you have problems. Just because you have a problem that does not mean that you are the problem. Problems are a part of life as the late Norman Vincent Peale once said.


“Problems are a part of life, the more problems you have the more life you have.” Norman Vincent Peale


Every problem has a limited life span. Your problem is your opportunity. The word crisis in English means; disaster, catastrophe, emergency, calamity, predicament.
I like the Chinese definition of crisis best. It means danger yet opportunity. There is a negative and a positive reaction to every problem.
Three things you should know about problems
Every problem or crisis has opportunities.
Every problem holds positive possibilities.
Every problem will change you.

MPE – Managing Problems Effectively

1) Compose your response, if you can’t control the times. You can choose what your problem will do to you
2) Don’t underestimate the problem – Or your ability to deal with it
3) Play it down and pray it up.
Don’t exaggerate your problem. Keep it in proper perspective and remember that this too shall pass!



Reference: Dr. Robert H Schuller, Tough Times Never Last Tough People Do!



Bernard Smalls is a spiritual pragmatist and a corporate coach with a focus on customer service, leadership and sales training. He resides in Phoenix, Arizona.

Email: gunghoguru@hotmail.com
Phone: 602 791 9710

Websites:
www.obernardsmallscompanies.com
www.abinadabs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment